DevSmart has experience training teams in:
• Results-based Management – Practical trainings and workshops to guide the Strategic Planning process for UN Funds, Agencies and NGOs:
› Reaching consensus, assigning accountabilities and developing a Roadmap for your Strategic Planning Process (1-day workshop);
› Results Based Management Basics – A Practical Guide to Results Based Management in your organisation;
› Developing Theories of Change for your Outcome areas (2-day training and workshop);
• Resource mobilization (beginners and advanced courses) including:
› “Relationship Fundraising” – how to build robust partnerships with both private and public sector donors;
› Developing proposals and concept papers;
› Contribution management (and risk assessment for contribution management)
› Improving your Results Based Reporting.
• Partnering with the United Nations – an engagement training for private sector groups,
0iincluding an overview of the 2030 Development Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals
• Board of Director Development – how to recruit, train and engage Board Members and create active Board sub-committees
• Trainings specifically geared to the United Nations Children’s Fund include:
› “How UNICEF works in the field” – a training for National Committees and private sector groups;
› “Interpreting UN and UNICEF speak” – tools for National Committees and private sector groups “UNICEF Primer” – an introduction to the history,
0mandate and strategic plan and current scope/scale of UNICEF;
› “Making the National Committee Donor Toolkits Work for You” – an introduction to National Committees geared toward UNICEF Country Offices.
For an example, please see the generic Terms of Reference for a Theory of Change Training and Workshop.